Sunday, February 13, 2011

Picture This: Day 17

(My new, totally awesome Saucony running shoes
Day 17:
A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently. 
Training for the half marathon is all I seem to talk about these days. I can bore people with long drawn out conversations about what type of shoes I wear on which day and why (oh, by the way, I was stoked to get these shoes that are specific to running, I have never had the need to make this purchase before). Last night in fact, I had a dream about Bob and Jillian from the Biggest Loser (and I don't even watch that show on a regular basis).
It went something like this:

(scene opens to Bob and Jen sitting on gym equipment in a busy gym)
Jen: Hey Bob, did I tell you that I am going to run a half marathon in July?
Bob: What? No way! That's awesome! I am surprised because that's something I never thought you would do. I almost can't believe it...hey, Jillian...
(Jillian pops up out of no where from behind some random equipment)
Jillian: Yeah, what's up?
Bob: Did Jen tell you that she is going to run a half marathon in July?!?
Jillian: What?? No way! That's awesome! I am surprised because that's something I never thought you would do. I almost can't believe it....

(Something like that anyway, what she said sounded exactly what Bob had said to me in the dream. That's how I remember it anyway)

I enjoyed the dream but after thinking about it for a moment, I had to ask myself 'Why did it seem so unbelievable that I would run a half marathon?'. My subconscious insecurity rearing its ugly head I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails