Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sensing Sunday: August 22, 2010

('Le Moulin Rouge' Antoine Blanchard)

What I am:

Hearing: The washing machine on the rinse cycle

Seeing: 'Moulin Rouge' with Nicole Kidman and the dreamy Ewan McGregor (mmmm...)

Smelling: 'Stella' Stella McCartney

Tasting: Sun tea and sourdough pretzels

Feeling: A little sad and reflective. Nine years ago today my view of the world was forever changed when my grandfather passed away from cancer. It was the first death of someone close to me that I had experienced up until that point. Three weeks later, on September 11, 2001, the World Trade Center was brought down by terrorists and everyone's view of the world was forever changed. I can't think of one without thinking of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails