Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Picture This: Day 29

(The Master of Puppets by Chiara Fersini)
Day 29:
A picture of something that makes you angry. 
I have been a little overwhelmed lately. For the past couple of years I have been trying to construct a new perfect world for myself over and over. Just when I think I have it all, something happens and I don't. I have too many balls in the air and it is a struggle to try to keep them all up. Having to give up a certain amount of control is what is making me angry right now. I try to take on the world's problems and each time I do, it seems that 20 more get thrown in my direction. I take it all on with a smile, each time convincing myself I can do it. Each time suppressing my increasing frustration. I end up like a pressure cooker and at some point it has to all some to a boil.
I am bitter and angry this week. I am angry that I can't control certain aspects of my life.
I am aware that the only person that I am hurting is myself. I am aware that in the grand scheme of life, what is going on right now in mine will only be a minuscule blip in my lifetime.
In order to get past my anger, I have to be able to let go. I struggle with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails