Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Etsy Art

(Portrait of Gertrude Stein, Pablo Picasso
When I was younger, I became somewhat obsessed with F. Scott Fitzgerald (as I have explained HERE). I tried to get my hands on anything he wrote and when I did, I devoured it. When I had exhausted his works and it still didn't satisfy my hunger for all things 'Jazz Age' I moved on to anything that was written about him. I discovered that Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald spent quite a bit of time in Gertrude Stein's salon in Paris. Gertrude Stein entertained the bohemian expats of the early 1900s. Picasso, Hemingway, Cezanne, Fitzgerald...they were all there, whiling their days away discussing art, literature, food, drink....art....
There is a photo of old Gertie's salon and rows upon rows of original artwork race up the wall to the ceiling. I forever wanted to live in that room. 
Now that I am a tad bit older, I think it might be time to invest in some artwork myself. With the invention of the internet, it is almost too easy to find art that strikes a cord. 
Below are some of my current favorites: 
(Sitting Together, Leah Giberson)

(Pool Diving, Cathie Carlson)

(November, Clare Elsaesser)

(Poolside, Samantha French

(San Francisco, Matte Stephens)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails