Friday, January 28, 2011

Picture This

(monstergallery on Etsy)
Oh internet, you let everyone be clever without ever having an original thought...I do like this idea though and with the two days that are left of this month and the 28 days in the month of Febuary, maybe I can get this accomplished:
"Okay.. It's like a picture Diary. First you make an album titled "30 pictures in 30 days". And,each day you follow the direction for that day with a picture. It's a fun idea. Let's see if it catches on. :] you could learn alot about yourself if nothing else... Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts. Day 02 - A picture of the person you've been closest with the longest. Day 03 - A picture of the cast of your favorite show. Day 04 - A picture of your night. Day 05 - A picture of an old memory. Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for the day. Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured possession. Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh every time you look at it. Day 09 - A picture of a person who has gotten you through the most. Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most fucked up things with. Day 11 - A picture of something you absolutely hate. Day 12 - A picture of something you absolutely love. Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band/artist. Day 14 - A picture of a person you couldn't picture your life without. Day 15 - A picture of something you'd like to do before you die. Day 16 - A picture of a person who inspires you. Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently. Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity. Day 19 - A picture of a letter. Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel. Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget. Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at. Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book. Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change. Day 25 - A picture of your day. Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you. Day 27 - A picture of you and a family member. Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of. Day 29 - A picture that makes you angry.Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss."
Day 1:
A picture of yourself with fifteen facts....
1. This picture is misleading, this is not my natural hair color (neither is the color I have now). Its pretty close though.
2. As the first child, if I had been born a boy I would have been a third, named after my grandfather. My brother was the one to receive that inheritance.
3. My right thumb looks like a big toe. Its disgusting and I hide it subconsciously in my fist to this day. Every time I get my nails done, the nail lady almost always laughs at it and shows all her nail lady friends in the salon.
4. When my cousins and I were kids, during the summer we used to pretend that my grandparent's deck was a 'boat'. We would jump off the 'boat' and 'swim' and 'fish' in the lawn with poles made of sticks and bait made of leaves and flowers. Now my cousin's kids have a playset erected in the same backyard. Imagination made easy, although we would have given our right arm for a playset growing up. I will give the kids this, running the hose to the top of the slide to make a waterslide was an impressive show of imagination.
5. When I was in grammer school, my friends and I, on recess, tried to make daisy chains long enough to enter into the Guinness Book of World Records.
6. We also invented a game called 'Green Tag' where you were safe if you sat down on the lawn. If you were 'It' you pretty much stayed 'It' until the bell rang.
7.My favorite books growing up were the 'Little House' books, The People's Almanac, Hatchet, early American biographies, Wait Till Helen Comes (still scares the crap outta me), every Babysitter's Club book I could get my hands on, Little Women, and of course...the Guinness Book of World Records.
8. My brother and I used to dress our pets in our old baby clothes for fun when we were little. They hated it because there wasn't a hole for their tails.
9. We also would make cars and trains out of cardboard boxes and sit in them. We would take crayons and draw steering wheels, dashboards, doors, windows and seats to really trick them out.
10. On Saturday mornings, my brother and I would let my mom sleep in. We would toast a whole loaf of bread (because that was all we were allowed to cook), watch Saturday morning cartoons and when the last cartoon was over we would build a fort out of the couch cushions. Around that time, my mom would roll out of bed. My brother and I were obviously perfect children and very considerate of our mother.
11. My dad taught me to drive over the course of almost two years and I stilled failed the driving test the first time. I am eternally grateful that I learned on a manual transmission though. Thanks dad.
12. When strolling down Memory Lane, my dad, brother and I identify memories by what house my dad lived   in. For example, my dad taught us how to climb up door frames using our bare feet at the duplex on Tully.
13. I had to 'duck and cover' after hearing gunshots at the house on Downey. Thankfully I felt safe because my dad was a second generation police officer.
14. My mom used to take my brother and I on 'Secret Journey's'. She would pile us in the car and not tell us where we were going insisting that we guess. Only one time was it Disneyland, every other time it was San Francisco. This is still one of my absolute most favorite memories.
15. I used to have a better memory, I feel that its starting to fade. Some of the good, but more of the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails