Thursday, July 15, 2010

Finally....A Creative Space

I have been a crafty person long before I became a housewife. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was nine and I have been 'hooking' ever since. Before that I had already amassed a fairly large collection of crayons, watercolors, colored pencils, magic markers, stickers, notebooks, construction paper, butcher paper...pretty much anything that would let me express myself. I doodled on everything! When I went to summer camp just a couple of years later I learned to love to bead. I made countless necklaces, countless bracelets...even a couple of rings. As an adult it became cake decorating, investing in an obscene amount of fondant cutters, cookie cutters, icing tips, flavor extracts, meringue powder, gel paste colors, non perils, jimmies and anything else I could get my hands on. This past year I have taken on sewing. I have wanted to learn this since around the time I was learning to crochet. I used to take a needle and thread and a few scraps of fabric and try to fashion my own doll clothes. Now I have invested more into it and have a huge drawer full of notions (side note: my favorite thing in the world right now is my rotary cutter...love love LOVE that thing)
The biggest thorn in the Mr.'s side has been that I have amassed these collections throughout the house and didn't store everything in a designated space. I now have that space and couldn't be more excited.
Here is finally a look at my inspirational space.




My favorite pieces are my little ducks that store my paper clips, staples, thumbtacks and little clamps. I love them because when I look up, they are all in a row! What a fun thrift find.
My other favorite detail is the mid-century looking guy with crochet hooks for hair. Isn't he fantastic?! Another thrift find.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new space, love the crochet hook guy-too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new space looks fabulous! I love the desk unit - it's gorgeous! Congratulations on your new space! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails