Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bake Sale: Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale No Kid Hungry

Hello, hello. It has been a long time, right? I know, I know...I'm sorry. I have been busy, I promise.
Just this last week I slaved away for hours baking for a charity bake sale. Because it was for charity, it really wasn't slaving away but I like to be over dramatic. A couple of years ago I participated in the Cupcakes for a Cause bake sale that benefited Cancer Care for Kids. It is a great organization that helps kids and teens cope with a cancer diagnosis. It is a great cause and you can find more information about it HERE. It came together last minute and was a pretty good success considering how short notice it was. We were able to raise almost $200 for such a great organization.
This year the cause was for childhood hunger. In partnership with C&H sugar, Share Our Strength brings us the Great American Bake Sale, No Kid Hungry. I joined up with a friend of mine and again in a short amount of time we put together a somewhat spur of the moment bake sale. This one was more or less a pilot effort for us because the deadline is October 31st to turn in all of our donations. We are hoping to host a few more bake sales and become "Bake Sale Rockstars". To do this we have to raise at least $1000. I think we can do it. To find out more about this organization click HERE.
Like I said, this was our test sale. We figured out what worked and didn't work for us and things that we might want to incorporate into future sales. All in all we had a great time and were able to raise $215 in our first go around! Woo hoo!!




Oh yeah, it happened to be the start of the fourth of July weekend so we made everything red, white and blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails