Thursday, October 22, 2009

Making Lists


I know, I know. It's not yet November and I am already thinking of my resolutions for next year. I haven't yet gone through the guilt that follows the overindulgence of Christmas, how come I am making them now? There are resolutions that have come to mind and I don't want to forget them. After looking at my list, I think that this is the first time in all of my adult life that 'lose weight' or 'lose (fill in the blank) pounds' hasn't been on the list. I have resolved to be more healthy next year in mind, body and soul. I have made this list early in the hopes that I will adopt some of them now so that when the new year rolls around the list won't seem so overwhelming.


New Year’s Resolutions for 2010


Mind:

*Read a book a week
*Learn to sew
*Start writing book
*Start keeping diary
*Make effort to learn new language

Body:

*Maintain a consistent workout schedule
*Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day (Water Math: Take your weight, divide that number in half. Drink that number in ounces of water everyday)
*Start taking yoga classes
*Only drink alcohol once a week (limit to only one glass of wine a day)
*Limit inflammatory food intake (including sugar)

Soul:

*Open a savings account
*Go to church at least twice a month
*Limit television watching to no more than 2 hours on a work night
*Take 15 minutes a day to pray, meditate or reflect
*Become more organized in ALL aspects of my life (home, financial, work, ect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails