Thursday, November 3, 2011

Giving Thanks: Day 3


'Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.'--Hebrews 10:35-36 


Day 3: 
Today I am thankful for my age. 
Funny thing to be thankful for, right? I am 32. I have learned quite a bit in my 32 years on this planet. With this wisdom comes a confidence that I wish I had 10 years ago. I didn't necessarily have awkward teen years (because really those are all a blur) but I could have really used the wisdom in my 20s. I look back on that time and am so glad that I am 32 today and not 22, I even look and feel better physically now than I did then. With some of the idiotic things I did when I was younger (sorry mom, hope you're not reading this and if you are just remember how great I turned out), I am surprised that I can stand here today as an independant, highly functioning adult. 
Although I do miss the faster metabolism of my youth...20s you can keep it. I like myself too much now to go back and retrieve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails